Team Fishel, the Best Choice Employer in the utility construction and network installation business, is hiring a Safety Coordinator in its, AZ division. The responsibilities of this position include, conducting safe operation training, safety training programs and updating and maintaining training programs to improve the safety of transmission line construction, and operations. This position also includes conducting routine safety visits to enforce safety policies, including PPE, identifying specific job hazards and precautions at various job site locations. This position also requires traveling throughout the State of Arizona.
· Maintain condition and operability of Emergency Response equipment. • Investigates reportable accidents, injuries and job damages
· Oversee/coordinate and monitor contract service/inspection of fire extinguishers, breathing apparatus, portable gas detectors and other applicable fire/safety equipment.
· Conduct/coordinate classroom and field training meetings as needed.
· Assist Operations and Maintenance Supervision in preparation of materials for monthly safety meetings.
· Serve as member of Incident Investigation committees on "as needed" basis.
Requirements & Qualifications:
· Prior or oriented experience in safety
· Ability to perform audits and document findings of company procedures and practices
· Must be an effective communicator, and computer literate with familiarity of MS Office
· Field experience training and developing lineman apprentices
· Current certifications in OSHA 500 and 510, and is qualified to teach OSHA 10 standards.
· Know industry safety practices, NESC, DOT, OSHA, ADOSH standards rules, regulations and guidelines.
· Certified and Trained in first aid, CPR, HAZCOM, PPE and blood borne pathogens.
Team Fishel will provide on-the-job training.
Bilingual and prior construction experience is a plus
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.teamfishel.com or apply at our office at:
1819 S 27th Ave 85009 Phoenix, AZ 72023
1366 Dublin Road
Columbus, Ohio 43215
614-274-8100 | 800-347-4351
© 2013 Team Fishel